Wednesday 10 March 2010

healthy happy jobs

This post is dedicated to strong women, like my cousin Soph who is celebrating some very good news today. She has been accepted to study for an MPhil and PHD in Social and Economic History at Cambridge University. Clever girl, I am so proud!


So Land Girls or The Women's Land Army, their image on iconic posters such as these glamourised agriculture during the first and second World Wars, when in reality it was back breaking work. It was the first time that women were able prove that they could work just as hard as men and were an essential part of the war effort. I've always had a romantic view of the landgirls, mainly because they were so stylish!


'Heart' and 'Pixie' designs, pictures courtesy of Antoni and Alison.

I found these beautiful silk scarves by Antoni and Alison, perfect for keeping hair out of your eyes while weeding the garden. They have a wide selection of 100% silk scarves with their unique, naive prints.


I'm always stealing D's Barbour jumper, it's the perfect shade of bottle green, and is really warm. It has to be a man's jumper though...for the perfect chunky proportions. I especially like this one with the shoulder patches, I can't tell but I really hope it has elbow patches too. I am also enamoured with these Marg Kate boots from Clarks of all places...the greatest (or only?) thing to come out of Street in Somerset - where I went to college!

For a perfect tribute to forties style run for shelter at a Blitz party in Shoreditch. See http://www.theblitzparty.com/ for more information. Wonderfully authentic with sandbags, gin fizz cocktails, ration books and doorstop cheese sandwiches...but obviously minus the bombs; the perfect night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment