Friday 12 March 2010

Lady Muk


I love the Muks AW09 collection. The combination of soft suede, sumptuous fur, Italian leather and tartan makes for the cosiest footwear I've seen (and so much chicer than uggs!). Based on the moccassins (Mukluks) worn by Candian aboriginals, the boots feature bead designs that traditionally represented the different tribes. All of Muks fur is responsibly sourced as a by-product from an existing manufacturing process, but they do offer fur free options too.








I particularly love this cartridge bag style satchel...because I designed it! I undertook a freelance project for Muks over a year ago inspired by the Canadian pioneers and this was the result. I have to say I'm so pleased with it. You can buy one here. The Pioneer collection features some vintagey, almost Victorian style lace-up boots, all in subtle dusty shades of leather, with antique burnished gold fittings.


Isn't the styling lovely too? So warm and cosy, it's almost a shame the Spring's on it's way... well we probably have a couple of months yet to make the most if it!

No comments:

Post a Comment