Thursday 18 March 2010

The hills are alive


On Sunday I am off on holiday; skiing in Switzerland with friends and family. I am very, very excited. In celebration, a simple post containing some beautiful postcards I bought in Zermatt on last year's holiday. Above is a poster for the 'Chemins de Fer' made in 1895 by F.Hugo d'Alesi, from the poster collection at the Zurich Museum of Design. 

This dreamy image of the striking Matterhorn is by Francois Gos, from 1925. It's a lovely illustration, but I sincerely hope there is more snow in Verbier, where we are staying, next week! 

This is more like it. Crisp, white snow and a wonderfully stylised skiier flying through the air, like I will be shortly only slightly less gracefully (I don't do jumps). This poster from 1931 is by Pierre Kramer.

No comments:

Post a Comment