Monday 15 March 2010

Hello Princess





The Raleigh Apple with it's shiny red frame and bicycle box, was my pride and joy. It was the perfect bicycle - when I was six. It must be these sweet childhood memories that caused my heart to flutter when I saw the Pashley Princess for the first time. The classic hand-built frame, the front wicker basket, the antique brown Brooks saddle. Even the name is perfect.


For Spring 2010 Pashley have released The Brittania, a special edition model based on the Princess in fire engine red, white and navy blue, in celebration of the company's heritage as the longest established manufacturer of hand built bikes in Britain. This lovely red number is, dare I say it, even better than the Raleigh of my memories.




The navy is my colour of choice - the perfect accessory to my current wardrobe and just asking for some new 40's style tea dresses to accompany it on bike rides in the country...a girl can dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment