Wednesday 7 April 2010

you say Dovey and I say Dyfi...

Boats Penhelig, Aberdovey by Glyn Davies

Over the lovely Easter bank holiday weekend D and I went to Aberdovey in North Wales, my favourite place in the world. I have been lucky enough to spend all my holidays there from birth surrounded by my cousins, gran and various aunts and uncles in our homely static caravan just footsteps from the sand dunes and a fresh sea breeze. 

Aberdovey Beach by Glyn Davies

My family all share this love affair with 'Dovey, as we were all brought up here! Not one of our homes is free from a watercolour of our favourite views by Claire or Glyn Davies. Claire took over The Gallery in Aberdovey from her father Edward Morris in 1982, a wonderful shop that sells a wide selection of original watercolours and prints by this family of artists.

Evening Light by Glyn Davies

The Gallery also stocks beautiful jewellery, objects for the home and hand thrown and painted ceramics by Gwili pottery, that I was particularly taken with. Sadly my budget didn't stretch to an original this time but I picked up some postcards to brighten up my flat. I've put a couple of my own photos up too which attempt to do justice to the dream-like light on the beach.


The beach looking towards Tywyn and Cemetry Bay


Looking out into Cardigan Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment