Thursday 15 April 2010

Daisy Daisy


My best friend sent me an email to tell me about this jewellery designer as she was convinced I'd love it as much as she does...and I do. Daisy Knights delicate and detailed necklaces, bracelets and rings are feminine but with an edge that keeps them far from sweet.



Central St Martins graduate Daisy was already supplying Paul and Joe with her designs before she graduated, making jewellery by night in her bedroom. Now she continues to work alongside her team in her Cotswold studio to make every piece by hand. She is inspired by the beauty found in nature in the British countryside, the Isle of Wight coastline and by her friends and family, naming each range after its muse. I love this 'gem heart necklace' available in silver, blackened silver and gold with a choice of gem colour...it's my birthday soon, hint hint boyfriend!

Same with these....


These Michelle rings are stunning, and were my friend's favourite too. They are stackable and available in a variety of colours. If I started now I could have ten before I'm 30, that's Christmases and birthdays covered until then. Easy.

The talented young designer won the Bright Young Gem award in 2010 issued by International Jewellery London and has just designed a collection for Astley Clarke under their mentoring programme. Inspired by the seaside, the chunky silver collection is really wearable; "think white blouse, silver shell cuff and designer earrings on a beach in the South of France” says Bec Astley Clarke of the collection. You can keep up to date with Daisy's lovely designs through her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment